If you’re like me, school is back in session and most mornings the alarm comes way earlier than you’d like, am I right? In my house, there are lunches to pack, showers to be had, workouts to be completed and breakfast to be eaten – and sometimes I’d like something more than a green smoothie, scrambled egg or piece of toast with nut butter. The Professor needs something with protein but we also want our breakfast healthy – as in nothing with sugar yet is filling and tastes great!
This gluten-free egg salad breakfast open-faced sandwich is made using the Sea Salt & Cracked Pepper of Sabra’s new line of refrigerated spreads designed for sandwiches. Besides being a new way to love hummus, these new spreads contain 75% less fat than mayo and come in convenient squeeze bottles and best of all, they taste delicious!
Garlic Herb, Sea Salt & Cracked Pepper and Honey Mustard are vegan, kosher, gluten-free, and non-dairy, contain 0g Trans Fat, 0mg Cholesterol and are made with high quality ingredients. They are also the first line of refrigerated spreads from Sabra that are made with Hummus and will be available in the deli section of grocery stores. Learn more at www.sabra.com/hummus
Try Garlic Herb spread on a veggie sandwich or Honey Mustard spread paired with Ham or chicken – or make this egg salad breakfast sandwich (The Professor packed a few triangles in his lunch to enjoy with his soup).
Sandwiches taste better with #SabraSpreads!
GLUTEN-FREE EGG SALAD BREAKFAST SANDWICH
Makes 4 Open-faced Sandwiches
- 4 slices gluten-free sandwich bread (your favorite, toasted or un-toasted)
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and grated on the large holes of a box grater
- ¼ cup Sea Salt & Cracked Pepper Sabra Spread
- 2 Tablespoons dill pickle relish, including some of the liquid, more if you like extra)
- 2 Tablespoons fresh chives, finely chopped
- 4 cherry tomates, seeded and finely chopped (optional)
- parsley for garnish
- Grate eggs, Sabra spread, dill pickle relish and fresh chives into large bowl and mix thoroughly
- Spread egg mixture evenly over 4 slices of gluten-free bread
- Divide chopped tomatoes (if using) over egg and top with parsley
- Cut into triangles if desired and serve immediately