I, for one, am counting the days until The Professor and I can sit outside on our porch, sip some wine and enjoy dinner al fresco; and if it’s not too much to ask, I’d also like to break out my flip-flops – heck, I might even get all crazy and grab a brand new pair when the temperature hits the 65 degree mark.
I am a lover of all seasons and really do look forward to the fade of one while ushering in the next, but I don’t think there has ever been a Spring that I’ve longed for like this year’s Spring.
I’m already planning menus for suppers with friends and family: grilled burgers, cobb salads and chilled soups like this Cucumber and Dill are perfect for hot weather. I usually have a few containers of Cucumber and Dill Veggie Dip in the refrigerator – and in moments of weakness, I use it as potato chip dip – so good! It’s also a great starting point for this creamy chilled soup – who wants a seat at our table?
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post and I am being compensated to share this brand with our readers; however, all opinions are strictly my own.
CHILLED CUCUMBER AND DILL SOUP
Adapted from Ina Garten
Makes 2-3 cups
- 2 containers Sabra Cucumber & Dill Veggie Dip
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet onion
- 4 green onions, white and green parts, chopped
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 Tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice (1 large lemon)
- Cooked langostino, shrimp or salmon (optional)
- Preserved lemon, minced for garnish
- Lemon wedges, for garnish
- Fresh dill, for garnish
- Place both dips, whole milk, onion, green onions, salt, pepper and lemon juice in a blender and process until smooth – about 1-2 minutes
- Divide into bowls, top with fresh dill, preserved lemon and langostinos if using
- Serve immediately or store in refrigerator
Pingback: FARMER’S RANCH COTTAGE PIE | Smith Bites
Pingback: Chicken Meatballs with Greek Yogurt Dip | not just baked
Beautiful soup and beautiful presentation. I will enjoy cucumber and dill soup without the shrimp or salmon. For me it is not needed. The wonderful combination of veggies and herbs is good for me.