To say that my experience at Dole in Monterey last month was fun, energizing and informative would be an understatement; it was inspiring as well as life-changing . . . yes really . . .
This was my first ‘sponsored’ trip which means that Dole picked up the tab for my travel and accommodations and gave us an opportunity to see some of the farm fields first hand as well as tour one of their processing plants. And while I was already familiar with Dole products, what I didn’t expect was to come away from this trip with a different perspective and an even greater appreciation for what this company is about.
So take a look at the short video below – I share my ‘full-circle’ moment . . .
MIMI’S GREEN DRINK
Recipe Provided by Dole
- 2 apples, chopped, core and skin included
- 3 stalks celery, chopped tops included
- 1/2 cucumber, chopped, with the skin on
- 1/2 lemon (if using a juicer, add peel as well)
- 2 cups spinach or other leafy greens (we’ve used kale (my personal fav) and romaine lettuce too)
- 2 cups water (omit if using a juicer)
- Add the apples, celery, cucumber, lemon and spinach to your blender or juicer. Add water (omitting water if using juicer)
- Blend until smooth.
SMITH BITES NOTE: We make a similar green drink every day – we simply omit the apple and add baby bok choy and/or a bit of fennel and a splash of agave nectar – absolutely love it!!