Musical pairing – Baby Mine by Alison Krauss
Do you know Amanda? If you don’t, you should! She is the fabulous phenom behind blogs i am baker and i am mommy; this girl is not only talented, she has a heart of gold as is evidenced by this post. She is such an incredible baker and in fact, this cake got Martha Stewart’s attention, then there is this cake and how about these cookies? Talent in spades and a heart of gold . . . just doesn’t get much better than that folks.
So why am I talking about Amanda and you’re looking at photos of strawberries? Well, because Amanda is just about to deliver a baby boy who will join 2 older brothers and an older sister. And try as we might to drag the little man’s name outta Amanda, she’s not telling . . . well alrighty then . . . We would love nothing better than to get together and give her a shower, but living in different parts of the country makes it nearly impossible to coordinate; so we’re throwing her a surprise virtual baby shower . . . SURPRISE AMANDA!!!
Knowing Amanda, she will be thrilled, touched, embarrassed and a little verkelmpt but that’s ok . . . personally, I think all mamas-to-be feel those things . . . sometimes all in the same day . . . huh. come to think of it, I feel all those things in the same day . . . and no, I am not about to deliver my fourth child . . .
Here’s where the Strawberries with Brown Sugar Dip come in; usually baby showers are all about cakes, cookies and cutie-pie little goodies . . . all perfectly fine. But sometimes I find it’s nice to offer something a little less sugary for those who might enjoy a little bit of fresh fruit . . . and if you’re feeling a little racy, then this ridiculously easy Brown Sugar Dip is just the ticket!
Baby shower, wedding shower, family picnics – any gathering – I’ve taken this dish to many functions and come home with an empty tray – this is always a hit.
Don’t miss the other links below the recipe – there are some mighty fine goodies in those links!!
Congratulations to Amanda and her family on their new addition!
STRAWBERRIES WITH BROWN SUGAR DIP
- The freshest, sweet-smelling, beautifully red strawberries you can get your hands on
- 2 Cups Sour Cream (Greek Yogurt works fine too)
- Brown Sugar
- Wash and dry strawberries; I like to leave the green tops on as I like the color and it gives you something to hold on to when dipping.
- Start with ½ – ¾ cups brown sugar to 2 cups of sour cream; mix until combined, taste and adjust according to your sweet tooth.
- Place dip in a pretty container, place the dip and strawberries on platter and serve!
Be sure to check out all the delicious goodies we’re serving at this virtual baby shower and then head on over to Amanda’s blog and wish her well!
- A Farmgirl’s Dabbles – ‘i am baby’ Mini Cupcakes
- Add-a-Pinch – i am baby Shower Punch
- Bake at 350 – ‘Baby on Board’ Cookies
- Bakers Royale – Baby Shower Cupcakes
- Bluebonnets & Brownies – Mini Fruit Pizza
- Confessions of a Cookbook Queen – Homemade Buttermints
- Dine and Dish – Stuffed Mushrooms
- Food for My Family – Shower Macarons
- Good Life Eats – Cucumber & Watercress Tea Sandwiches
- Gourmande in the Kitchen – Chocolate Blueberry Truffles
- My Baking Addiction – Crab Rangoons
- My Kitchen Addiction – Sourdough Cinnamon Rolls
- She Wears Many Hats – ‘B is for Boy’ Mini Cupcakes
- Simple Bites – Spring Crudite, Buttermilk-Black Pepper Dip
- Tidy Mom – Ducky Shower Punch
- Wenderly – Bundle of Bebe Cards for the Bundle of Joy
- What’s Cooking with Kids – Hamentashen Cookies