The Professor and I have been participating in the Verizon Midwest Savvy Gourmet program since June and we’ve had a blast testing a few of the products they offer – specifically the Motorola XYBoard and the LG Intuition. Both are fun to use, but more importantly, both are powerful workhorses and have served us well in our travels these past several months.
One of the features on the LG Intuition is the ability to shoot simple video – not the same capability as a DSLR – but in a pinch and on the fly, you can shoot, edit and produce a short piece without having to export to a separate computer. You’re limited to 5 video clips maximum, but you can still tell a story and have fun in the process.
We’ve really enjoyed working with the team at Verizon who have provided tremendous support to those of us participating in the program – we’re going to miss you guys!
And if you’re headed to any type of holiday gathering or a crowd of impromptu guests show up for cocktails, you can put these mixed nuts together in about 15 minutes – enjoy!
MIXED NUTS MOLE
Salty Snacks, Cynthia Nims
Makes 3 Cups
- 1 Tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon Maldon salt or other coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ¾ teaspoon cayenne
- ¾ teaspoon garlic powder – do not use garlic salt
- 3 cups unsalted mixed nuts – I used 1 cup each: almonds, walnuts, macadamia
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds (raw, green, unsalted)
- 2 Tablespoons white sesame seeds
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees; line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil and set aside
- In a small bowl, whisk together cocoa powder, salt, sugar, cayenne, and garlic powder; set aside
- In a medium bowl, add mixed nuts and pumpkin seeds; toss to blend
- Drizzle melted butter and stir to coat; add cocoa mixture and toss well to coat well. Using your hands or rubber spatula works best
- Distribute coated nuts onto lined baking sheet and bake until lightly toasted – about 15 minutes, stirring once or twice to ensure even toasting
- Let cool on the baking sheet; transfer to serving bowl and enjoy with a lovely cocktail or my personal favorite, a glass of bubbly!
FULL DISCLOSURE: I am participating in the Verizon Wireless Midwest Savvy Gourmets program and have been provided with a wireless device and six months of service in exchange for my honest opinions about the product.