GLUTEN-FREE PIZZA WITH SAUSAGE, CREAM AND SCALLION

Post image for GLUTEN-FREE PIZZA WITH SAUSAGE, CREAM AND SCALLION

by Debra

Making the switch to a gluten-free lifestyle hasn’t been the trauma it could have been; I say that because most of the challenge in being gluten-free comes in the form of baked goods and I didn’t bake that often. I mean, I certainly never made it a regular habit to bake a loaf of bread, doughnuts, croissants or puff pasty – but making a great gluten-free pizza was the one food I craved most.

It seems I am not alone in my love for pizza – did you know that Las Vegas holds the world’s largest ‘pizza-only’ trade show? Americans eat 3 billion pizzas every year (that’s a lot of pizza!) with more pizzas ordered during the Super Bowl than any other time of the year – Halloween ranks right up there too! Pepperoni is the number one topping of choice (you knew that already, right?) But what you may not know is that there is a high number of pizzerias within five miles of every computer center – yep, we’re all crazy for pizza.

This recipe from Nancy Silverton’s Mozza is hands-down our favorite pizza – and just in case you need another endorsement, The Professor and I made this pizza for Shauna, Danny and Lu on our recent trip to Seattle and The Chef was singing its praises from the rafters . . . regardless, we can’t seem to get enough of this beautiful pie.

MikeVFMK

Wow, what a great looking pizza! And a wonderful idea about switching to gluten-free. These are definitely the flavours I love on a pizza. Beautiful.

Rachel @ Baked by Rachel

This looks fantastic! Even though it’s not gluten free… I’m totally thrilled I have pizza dough ready for dinner tonight! I’ve been tortured by pizza posts for too long 😉

Monet

Cream on pizza…now why haven’t I thought of that? The bakery down the road makes the most delicious GF muffins. I should get their recipe and share it with you. This pizza looks just delicious, my friend. Thank you for sharing!

Barbara

Someone is eating my share!! 🙂
I rarely eat pizza, but when I do, it’s a whole wheat crust and veggie toppings. Mozza would have the best! And yours looks fabulous. When my daughter comes home next time, perhaps I can talk her into making it with me.

Meeta

Gluten free or not it’s the topping that is making me drool here! Divine!

Nisrine

Love it!! Looks great for GF and the toppings are delish!

fabiola

I have honestly never eaten a gluten free pizza before. And even more honest I have never really eaten many gluten free baked goods either. I suppose that comes from the need not being there. I recently became aware that an old friend had been diagnosed with Celiac disease, misdiagnosed for months, like many. I directed her to your site, as well as Shauna’s. I know she will be super excited about this, as we all love pizza like you said. I am a huge fan of it, and I will have to try this since I never have had any dough like this. Thank you:).