GLUTEN-FREE PIZZA WITH SAUSAGE, CREAM AND SCALLION

Post image for GLUTEN-FREE PIZZA WITH SAUSAGE, CREAM AND SCALLION

by Debra on September 4, 2012

Musical pairing – Free by Graffiti6

Making the switch to a gluten-free lifestyle hasn’t been the trauma it could have been; I say that because most of the challenge in being gluten-free comes in the form of baked goods and I didn’t bake that often. I mean, I certainly never made it a regular habit to bake a loaf of bread, doughnuts, croissants or puff pasty – but making a great gluten-free pizza was the one food I craved most.

It seems I am not alone in my love for pizza – did you know that Las Vegas holds the world’s largest ‘pizza-only’ trade show? Americans eat 3 billion pizzas every year (that’s a lot of pizza!) with more pizzas ordered during the Super Bowl than any other time of the year – Halloween ranks right up there too! Pepperoni is the number one topping of choice (you knew that already, right?) But what you may not know is that there is a high number of pizzerias within five miles of every computer center – yep, we’re all crazy for pizza.

This recipe from Nancy Silverton’s Mozza is hands-down our favorite pizza – and just in case you need another endorsement, The Professor and I made this pizza for Shauna, Danny and Lu on our recent trip to Seattle and The Chef was singing its praises from the rafters . . . regardless, we can’t seem to get enough of this beautiful pie.

© 2012, Debra. All rights reserved.

MikeVFMK September 6, 2012 at 8:33 am

Wow, what a great looking pizza! And a wonderful idea about switching to gluten-free. These are definitely the flavours I love on a pizza. Beautiful.

Rachel @ Baked by Rachel September 6, 2012 at 7:05 am

This looks fantastic! Even though it’s not gluten free… I’m totally thrilled I have pizza dough ready for dinner tonight! I’ve been tortured by pizza posts for too long ;)

Monet September 5, 2012 at 10:14 pm

Cream on pizza…now why haven’t I thought of that? The bakery down the road makes the most delicious GF muffins. I should get their recipe and share it with you. This pizza looks just delicious, my friend. Thank you for sharing!

Barbara September 5, 2012 at 5:40 pm

Someone is eating my share!! :)
I rarely eat pizza, but when I do, it’s a whole wheat crust and veggie toppings. Mozza would have the best! And yours looks fabulous. When my daughter comes home next time, perhaps I can talk her into making it with me.

Meeta September 5, 2012 at 7:37 am

Gluten free or not it’s the topping that is making me drool here! Divine!

Nisrine September 4, 2012 at 7:18 pm

Love it!! Looks great for GF and the toppings are delish!

fabiola September 4, 2012 at 7:08 pm

I have honestly never eaten a gluten free pizza before. And even more honest I have never really eaten many gluten free baked goods either. I suppose that comes from the need not being there. I recently became aware that an old friend had been diagnosed with Celiac disease, misdiagnosed for months, like many. I directed her to your site, as well as Shauna’s. I know she will be super excited about this, as we all love pizza like you said. I am a huge fan of it, and I will have to try this since I never have had any dough like this. Thank you:).