RUM RAISIN SHORTBREAD COOKIES

Post image for RUM RAISIN SHORTBREAD COOKIES

by Debra on September 20, 2011

Christmas in September . . . and before you look to toss your nearest sandal at me . . . at least I didn’t say ‘Christmas in July!’

I’m participating in the Annual Holiday Bake, Craft and Sew-Along over at A Southern Fairytale; Rachel, along with Cindy and Kelly have put together this fun month-long event in the hopes of helping us to start preparing for the holidays now . . . but if you’re like me, just making it to Halloween will be a miracle of miracles . . . so make sure you bookmark this post in the event you need a little help in the creative department when mid-November rolls around . . .

You’re welcome . . .

Head on over to A Southern Fairy Tale to get the recipe for these gift-worthy cookies – they’re one of my very favorites!

Barbara September 23, 2011 at 4:30 pm

I don’t care what time of year it is, these look wonderful! Fun event and I’ll save the recipe!

Georgia @ The Comfort of Cooking September 22, 2011 at 1:53 pm

As if I wasn’t already craving Christmas already, I definitely am now! These cookies look like a perfect way to celebrate the holiday season that can’t get here soon enough. Perfectly soft, chewy and flavorful. Thanks for sharing, Debra!

Brian @ A Thought For Food September 22, 2011 at 7:35 am

I went a little bonkers when I saw a Christmas commercial in August, but the end of September, with the changing of the seasons, is more acceptable. These shortbread cookies look like the perfect homemade gift. Going over to check it out right now.

Marly September 22, 2011 at 7:30 am

Oh, I love shortbread cookies…and these look SO good. Love the photographs!

Monet September 21, 2011 at 9:51 am

It will be the holidays before we know it! I need to get on the christmas baking now so that I’m prepared. These will be great to try! Thank you for sharing another tempting treat! Much love and hugs!

Mari @ Mari's CakesM September 20, 2011 at 3:10 pm

They do look delicious. Perfect for the holidays coming up.

Kathryn | Dramatic Pancake September 20, 2011 at 10:54 am

Sounds like fun! These next couple months, the build-up to the holidays, is my favorite time of year and I don’t mind starting things early! :)

Lisa {With Style and Grace} September 20, 2011 at 9:53 am

don’t worry, no dodging sandals from me. I’m actually excited to start the Holiday baking this year, plus I also love anything shortbread. Have fun!

Katy (KatySheCooks) September 20, 2011 at 8:07 am

… or, make them now, and freeze them! Get ahead of Holiday baking (mantra to self…)