FULL ON OREGON . . . IT WAS SO MUCH MORE

Post image for FULL ON OREGON . . . IT WAS SO MUCH MORE

by Debra on September 19, 2011

It’s been a little more than a week since The Professor and I returned from a 3-day trip to Oregon; while I attended ‘Full On Oregon’ hosted by Travel Oregon, The Professor had his own solo ‘full-on’ experience getting to know the city. To say that it was spectacular is an understatement . . . I kid you not . . . it was one of the best trips I’ve experienced in three short days. In fact, I’ll be sharing my thoughts about some of the women I met in a future post later this week . . . stay tuned, you’re in for a real treat . . .

I had intended to list all of the incredibly talented artisans who participated in this weekend . . . and then realized that this would be more than 50!! If you happen to be traveling to Oregon and want info on some of the places we visited, I’d be happy to share that information with you – just ask! Or you can contact Travel Oregon directly and they’d be more than happy to help.

FULL DISCLOSURE HERE: While Travel Oregon paid for and sponsored Full On Oregon, I am not being compensated for this post, nor was I asked to provide any type of review; the opinions expressed here are strictly mine.

**********

You may also watch this and other videos on our YouTube channel:

Bren March 2, 2012 at 2:48 pm

loved hearing ur voice, Debra! ;) ;) The inflection is just wonderful and so genuine. I feel like I really got to see Oregon for a few minutes. You’ve sold it as a place that any American must visit. Great work.

Debra March 4, 2012 at 11:31 am

Thanks so much Bren ~ it really was a fantastic trip and we cannot wait to return!!

Diane October 6, 2011 at 12:02 pm

Debra, I love hearing your live voice come to life behind your storytelling visuals. Fantastic story, intimacy and words. I love you more every day.

Shaina September 26, 2011 at 11:26 pm

This sounded and looked like an amazing time. Love the video!

Jamie September 23, 2011 at 6:50 am

Wow, Deb, this is one stunning, fabulous video and it even made me tell my husband that maybe we should move to Portland. Now, who told you video was your way to fame and fortune? Just perfect! xo

Priscilla - She's Cookin' September 23, 2011 at 12:58 am

Thoughtful narrative and lovely song choice for this beautiful video on a city I would love to visit! What a wonderful three days you must have had.

marla {family fresh cooking} September 23, 2011 at 12:28 am

I can’t wait to read more about your trip. I loved following everyone’s tweets during your time there.

@citypassion September 22, 2011 at 5:34 pm

I am so pleased that Travel Oregon invited you and that you accepted. We Oregonians are so passionate and protective of what living here means—and you not only “got” it but you expressed it so eloquently in words and in images. A thousand thanks. Hurry back.

Bunkycooks September 21, 2011 at 10:21 am

Beautiful video. You captured everything that I am sure most of us felt while we were in Portland. It is a very special place.

shelly (cookies and cups) September 21, 2011 at 8:12 am

Well, I wanna go! What a great trip and your video is incredible!

Mardi@eatlivetravelwrite September 20, 2011 at 6:56 pm

Spectacular. There are no words. Awesome.

Audrey September 20, 2011 at 3:51 pm

Got so excited, I commented before it was even over and accidentally re-started the video. But I know it;s good, because I did’t fast forward because I wanted to see what I had already seen again. :)

Audrey September 20, 2011 at 3:50 pm

Looked like something from the Food Network! Incredible!!!

Elaine September 20, 2011 at 2:19 pm

Debra–WOW! I just now got a chance to see this and I am BLOWN AWAY! Fabulous video, so inspiring. (Hmm, do we need to plan a college visit to Portland or what?)

Nicole September 20, 2011 at 12:16 pm

Such a beautiful, beautiful video. I wasn’t expecting it, but this trip changed me. I am so happy we met and am looking forward to following your adventures with bread this winter.

Winnie September 20, 2011 at 9:32 am

You are so talented it is ridiculous. I had chills watching and your narrative was amazing. I want to go to Portland. NOW.

MikeVFMK September 19, 2011 at 10:49 pm

Debra, I love all your videos. But this was even more special. It felt like I was there, experiencing all there was to experience. Thanks for sharing your special three day getaway. Maybe one of these times I’ll be right alongside you. Bravo.

saltyseattle September 19, 2011 at 7:50 pm

Damn- crying again. Miss all of you so much. What a stunner. I want to get married again and have you make the video.

Susan @ SGCC September 19, 2011 at 7:15 pm

Love, Love, Love!!! You captured “it” so beautifully! What a wonderful weekend, and what a wonderful place! Missing you all! xoxo

Georgia Pellegrini September 19, 2011 at 3:41 pm

I’m so inspired by this video and I even went on this trip. I love your words and your beautiful mind.

Sylvie @ Gourmande in the Kitchen September 19, 2011 at 3:12 pm

Loved seeing the trip through your photos and narrative. You are tremendously talented videographers.

Lana @ Never Enough Thyme September 19, 2011 at 1:44 pm

Wow. Just wow. I’ve always had a long list of places I’d like to visit. Now I’ve added Portland and moved it to the top. Beautiful work on the video.

Wendy Kirby (@LaPhemmePhoodie) September 19, 2011 at 12:11 pm

The artichoke flowers in the first pic are absolutely stunning. So glad to hear you enjoyed your trip!

Kristen September 19, 2011 at 12:11 pm

This video has so much heart and soul… love it, you two. I kind of want to pack my bags and head there today! :)

Paula - bell'alimento September 19, 2011 at 12:09 pm

gorgeous Deb! Just Gorgeous. You CAPTURED the trip so well! xoxo

Clinton September 19, 2011 at 12:05 pm

Gorgeous video!

What they are doing in Oregon sounds wonderful.

Nancy G. September 19, 2011 at 11:26 am

Deb – I loved reading all of the tweets about the trip. I am from that area and have always thought it was fantastic so it was wonderful to hear about others learning that first hand as well.

Your video is wonderful. Thanks for sharing.

TidyMom September 19, 2011 at 9:49 am

FABULOUS video Deb!!……you guy do an amazing job with that!!

Cookbook Queen September 19, 2011 at 9:31 am

Dear, sweet Deb…your talent is amazing and this video is beyond gorgeous!!

I’ve spent quite a bit of time in Oregon and it’s a very special place to me. I’m so glad that you enjoyed yourself and saw all that they have to offer!!

Amy | She Wears Many Hats September 19, 2011 at 9:31 am

I so enjoy you and The Prof’s videos. Nice.

Marly September 19, 2011 at 9:28 am

I loved this video, Deb! I really think you captured the heart of Portland…something I know all of us wish we had more of in our lives!

Amanda September 19, 2011 at 9:23 am

“part of your soul is in that….” Beautiful Deb. This video is amazing. I am so proud of you and feel so lucky to know someone so talented!! Yay Smiths!! :)