GREEN TOMATO & ONION PICKLES – VIDEO

Green Tomato and Onion Pickles

by Debra on August 23, 2011

You may also watch this and other videos on our YouTube channel:

Look for an upcoming post for a delicious recipe to use these lovely green goodies . . . hint . . . on second thought, no hint . . . that was kinda mean, now wasn’t it?!!

And don’t miss the recipe in its entirety on the last frame of the video!

Shaina September 4, 2011 at 8:03 pm

This makes me want to do videos. Love it.

rose August 28, 2011 at 8:39 pm

what an incredibly graceful, ethereal way to demonstrate such a colorful and simple condiment! thank you for being so creative for your readers. Your choice of jar completed the whole of it!

Maria @ Scandifoodie August 27, 2011 at 2:54 pm

Gorgeous pickle!

Alison @ Ingredients, Inc. August 26, 2011 at 12:12 pm

awesome Debra! Hope you are well

Marly August 26, 2011 at 10:40 am

I loved this video! After a life-time of hating tomatoes, I have finally learned to “like” them just this year. So I can’t imagine eating green tomatoes but your video is making me really want to do just that! You and your husband are so talented. How wonderful it is to get to work together on projects like this!

Adryon August 26, 2011 at 10:27 am

LOVE LOVE LOVE the video. I’m kind of embarassed how many times I watched it. It was shot so clean! Now I need to go roll some tomatoes on my counter.

MikeVFMK August 26, 2011 at 8:21 am

Debra, I adore this video! The music, the shots, the jar. I think that’s the first time I’ve watched the same video twice that wasn’t a movie or music video. Brilliant!

Lana August 26, 2011 at 7:39 am

Loved the video! And loved your jar – so beautiful!
Green tomatoes are still nowhere to be seen at the markets in Serbia, but I will be here in plenty of time to snag some for this wonderful pickle!
I hope you are having a great summer!

Jen @ My Kitchen Addiction August 25, 2011 at 9:18 pm

Oh my goodness… I love *everything* about this. I love the pickles, I love the video, and I love that Weck jar. So amazing!

Robyn | Add a Pinch August 25, 2011 at 1:04 pm

Oh how I love your videos. This is beautiful!

shelly (cookies and cups) August 25, 2011 at 12:30 pm

Great video!!
Can you come over and help me make one like that? ;)

bridget {bake at 350} August 25, 2011 at 8:52 am

Is it weird to be in love with a video about green tomato and onion pickles? Because, I kind of AM. I would love a Food Network show of your videos!!!

marla {family fresh cooking} August 25, 2011 at 7:52 am

Happy, simple video. Such a pleasure to watch this morning :)

Michelle (Mac) August 24, 2011 at 8:14 pm

What a wonderfully paced video, and easy recipe. The colors, too – just beautiful. If I had the ingredients I would have made this TODAY, but alas it will have to wait a bit. This whole post just made me giddy. Your creative-self is shining through. So happy for you. :-)

Wenderly August 24, 2011 at 6:38 pm

*love*

Cookin' Canuck August 24, 2011 at 1:10 pm

I love the slow, relaxed feel of this video – very easy to watch. But I want to see you two in the video! The pickles look great, by the way.

Bev Weidner August 24, 2011 at 12:54 pm

This is so pimp! Loving it!

DessertForTwo August 24, 2011 at 12:46 pm

Oh yum! I need these in my life!

I’m thinking about doing some videos for my site…do you recommend them or are they a pain? Or fun? Or both? :)

Monet August 24, 2011 at 10:07 am

I just love videos! And I love green tomatoes. We’ve been buying them at the market lately ;-) Thank you so much for sharing with me, my sweet friend. Many blessings today and the rest of the week.

Lana @ Never Enough Thyme August 24, 2011 at 8:37 am

Gorgeous pickles, Debra! Can’t wait for the follow up recipe using them.

Brian @ A Thought For Food August 23, 2011 at 9:33 pm

These are some of my favorite posts that you do. You produce such lovely videos… and it’s just so inspiring

Debi Shawcross August 23, 2011 at 8:58 pm

Wow! This is so well done. Hope we get to see a whole lot more of these videos.

foodwanderings August 23, 2011 at 8:30 pm

Hey Miss Debra. you know how much I love your and the Prof.’s videos. Really wonderfully professional! & oh my how was I tempted to buy those Wecks, if it weren’t for all the other canning jars I got at home. But you know it, am gonna get it! :)

{ 1 trackback }