STRAWBERRY, COCONUT & HONEY FREEZE

by Debra

Musical pairing – Born to Be Wild by Steppenwolf

The Professor is on Spring Break and we’re headed to Savannah for our very first ‘Go Savor’ event; we’ll meet up with Amy and Robyn as well as several other talented bloggers and we’ll be savoring the good stuff Savannah has to offer! I have 24 hours to finish my laundry, clean off my work desk, clean my house (where is that maid we were supposed to hire . . . uhm, that would be us) I must decide what I’m wearing to said event, load up the car and then we’re headin’ down the highway . . .

In the meantime, The Professor and I are enjoying a week of celebrating our anniversary and you can’t celebrate an anniversary without some sort of celebratory toast. And because I’m so. over. winter. . . .  and because I’m seeing luscious, ruby-red-with-the-heady-scent-of-sweet-sugar strawberries . . . and because I long for bright blue sunny skies . . . I’m going to share this ridiculously easy but oh-my-goodness-tasty frozen cocktail.

Have I used enough hyphens and ‘. . .’ in this post yet?

Not too sweet, not too tart, as Goldilocks would say, ‘It’s juuuust right!’

Blend one of these babies and have a toast with me and The Professor – Cheers!

By the way, if you need an awesome new blender, Go Savor is giving away a Blendtec Blender – pretty sweet deal, so head over!

Bridget

Would you recommend coconut milk over coconut cream?

Debra

The coconut milk we used had a thick layer of coconut cream at the top of the can (I didn’t blend the entire contents of the can, i.e., the liquid on the bottom); coconut cream may have a slightly different consistency and a higher coconut to liquid ratio but would make a good substitute.

Cream of Coconut however, has added stabilizers and some may have added sugar so I probably wouldn’t use in this recipe.

Thanks so much for asking the question!

Jamie

Cheers, darling, to you both! And just read about this event on Gwen’s blog and I envy you both! Lucky! Hope you had a blast and I missed you!

Priscilla - She' Cookin'

Dee-luscious! I will most definitely blend up one of these this weekend! Happy Anniversary and have fun in Savannah!

Lael Hazan @educatedpalate

Cin Cin, as we say in Italy! May you have many more wonderful anniversaries.

Elle

Think those would be a good breakfast smoothie? Have a wonderful time on your trip!

Megan

Have a drink for me and have fun in Savannah! :)

Barbara

Savannah is such fun! Funky and fun. I always try to go for their home tours…missed this year though! It’ll be fun to meet other bloggers; can’t wait for your report!

Lovely little drink to make us think we’re in the islands! :)

Liren

Cheers! Hope you have a lovely trip – I have never been to Savannah, I hope to go just to photograph the trees :) I hear they are just magical.

Lana @ Never Enough Thyme

Oh, yeah. I could use one of those right now. Sounds like a really tasty combination of flavors.

Here’s to you and The Professor! Wishing you many, many more happy years together.

elizabeth

Cheers to you and The Professor and safe travels to Savannah! I’m not normally a frozen drink girl, but I’d be happy to sip on this in our always-warm apartment while we made dinner.

It’s amazing how making something that anticipates the next season (if just a little early) can so effectively bolster one’s mood during this time of year, isn’t it?

Robyn | Add a Pinch

I get to LITERALLY toasting you guys for your anniversary this weekend! {{SQUEEE}}

Shaina

The combination of coconut milk and strawberries is calling to me. Have a fantastic time in Savannah, and give Amy a big hug for me!

Aggie

Wow, this sounds absolutely delicious! Have a wonderful time at Go Savor! Wish I was coming!

Winnie

YUM! This is so up my alley. Have a great time in Savannah!

megan @ whatmegansmaking

Definitely trying these! (but without the rum) :)

bridget {bake at 350}

Cheers! I hope you guys will be having a few of these at Go Savor! Have a FABULOUS time! Hugs to all of you!

Amber | Bluebonnets & Brownies

Have fun and drive safe, you two! I’ll be toasting you with this delicious looking cocktail this weekend. It’s perfect to toast my hubs for his birthday too!

Amanda

What a gorgeous concoction… I LOVE every ingredient you have listed! And the presentation is fantastic! Have so much fun at Go Savor, cant wait for next years! 😉

Barbara @ Modern Comfort Food

We’re inundated with fresh, cheap, and gorgeous strawberries where I live, and I’ve been trying (unsuccessfully) to think of a good way to incorporate them in a cocktail. This is it! Love it!

Rivki Locker (Ordinary Blogger)

Wow, this looks awesome. Anything with coconut milk and rum is a winner in my book.

Sylvie @ Gourmande in the Kitchen

Well here’s to you and The Professor, cheers! Hope you have a lovely time in Savannah, wish I could be there too.

Amy | She Wears Many Hats

I’ve refrained from looking at this recipe knowing it would tempt me and I’d never get my packing, cleaning, etcetera, etcetera, etcetera done. I think this will be on the menu in the next couple of days.

Susan Mallery

My diet ends on March 31, and I am celebrating with this drink! This looks so good! The perfect summertime treat… and hey, so what if April 1 isn’t summer yet?

Marly

This looks like my kind of cocktail. In fact, I think I could go for one of those right now! Hope you have a great time on your trip and that you find lots of beautiful blue skies!

paul jennette

Cheers to you and the professor!! This drink looks amazing, being for Chicago I too have been longing for blue skies and sunshine. Congrats!!!
Thanks
Paul

Cookin' Canuck

The shot of rum is a great addition to these pretty desserts. What a fun idea! I hope you have a wonderful time in Savannah – I’m sorry I can’t join you.

Wenderly

Happy Anniversary! Happy (and safe) Travels! And take LOTS if photos for me to live vicariously through! I am so sad to be missing this, but so happy for all of you! xo

Brian @ A Thought For Food

Hello spiced rum!!! Hello coconut! Hello blended beverage!

Now where’s that 80 degree weather?

Elizabeth

Oh my. I need this. I need this now. This looks absolutely wonderful!

Monet

Happy Anniversary! What a great way to start off the celebrations. I hope you two have a fabulous time this week :-) Thank you for sharing this frosty concoction. I want a sip…or two…or three!

Kristen

Have a great time and happy anniversary to you and the professor!

Jen @ My Kitchen Addiction

Oh, I love the look of this! I’d like a drink, please :)

Angie

This looks so good! I hope you had a wonderful anniversary, and have a lovely week at the conference!