STRAWBERRY, COCONUT & HONEY FREEZE

Post image for STRAWBERRY, COCONUT & HONEY FREEZE

by Debra on March 8, 2011

Musical pairing – Born to Be Wild by Steppenwolf

The Professor is on Spring Break and we’re headed to Savannah for our very first ‘Go Savor’ event; we’ll meet up with Amy and Robyn as well as several other talented bloggers and we’ll be savoring the good stuff Savannah has to offer! I have 24 hours to finish my laundry, clean off my work desk, clean my house (where is that maid we were supposed to hire . . . uhm, that would be us) I must decide what I’m wearing to said event, load up the car and then we’re headin’ down the highway . . .

In the meantime, The Professor and I are enjoying a week of celebrating our anniversary and you can’t celebrate an anniversary without some sort of celebratory toast. And because I’m so. over. winter. . . .  and because I’m seeing luscious, ruby-red-with-the-heady-scent-of-sweet-sugar strawberries . . . and because I long for bright blue sunny skies . . . I’m going to share this ridiculously easy but oh-my-goodness-tasty frozen cocktail.

Have I used enough hyphens and ‘. . .’ in this post yet?

Not too sweet, not too tart, as Goldilocks would say, ‘It’s juuuust right!’

Blend one of these babies and have a toast with me and The Professor – Cheers!

By the way, if you need an awesome new blender, Go Savor is giving away a Blendtec Blender – pretty sweet deal, so head over!

Bridget May 4, 2011 at 7:17 pm

Would you recommend coconut milk over coconut cream?

Debra May 4, 2011 at 8:00 pm

The coconut milk we used had a thick layer of coconut cream at the top of the can (I didn’t blend the entire contents of the can, i.e., the liquid on the bottom); coconut cream may have a slightly different consistency and a higher coconut to liquid ratio but would make a good substitute.

Cream of Coconut however, has added stabilizers and some may have added sugar so I probably wouldn’t use in this recipe.

Thanks so much for asking the question!

Jamie March 16, 2011 at 10:00 am

Cheers, darling, to you both! And just read about this event on Gwen’s blog and I envy you both! Lucky! Hope you had a blast and I missed you!

Priscilla - She' Cookin' March 12, 2011 at 1:55 am

Dee-luscious! I will most definitely blend up one of these this weekend! Happy Anniversary and have fun in Savannah!

Lael Hazan @educatedpalate March 11, 2011 at 11:41 am

Cin Cin, as we say in Italy! May you have many more wonderful anniversaries.

Elle March 11, 2011 at 10:49 am

Think those would be a good breakfast smoothie? Have a wonderful time on your trip!

Megan March 10, 2011 at 4:58 pm

Have a drink for me and have fun in Savannah! :)

Barbara March 10, 2011 at 4:26 pm

Savannah is such fun! Funky and fun. I always try to go for their home tours…missed this year though! It’ll be fun to meet other bloggers; can’t wait for your report!

Lovely little drink to make us think we’re in the islands! :)

Liren March 10, 2011 at 4:10 pm

Cheers! Hope you have a lovely trip – I have never been to Savannah, I hope to go just to photograph the trees :) I hear they are just magical.

Lana @ Never Enough Thyme March 10, 2011 at 1:13 pm

Oh, yeah. I could use one of those right now. Sounds like a really tasty combination of flavors.

Here’s to you and The Professor! Wishing you many, many more happy years together.

elizabeth March 10, 2011 at 12:40 pm

Cheers to you and The Professor and safe travels to Savannah! I’m not normally a frozen drink girl, but I’d be happy to sip on this in our always-warm apartment while we made dinner.

It’s amazing how making something that anticipates the next season (if just a little early) can so effectively bolster one’s mood during this time of year, isn’t it?

Robyn | Add a Pinch March 10, 2011 at 12:09 pm

I get to LITERALLY toasting you guys for your anniversary this weekend! {{SQUEEE}}

Shaina March 10, 2011 at 11:53 am

The combination of coconut milk and strawberries is calling to me. Have a fantastic time in Savannah, and give Amy a big hug for me!

Aggie March 10, 2011 at 11:01 am

Wow, this sounds absolutely delicious! Have a wonderful time at Go Savor! Wish I was coming!

Winnie March 10, 2011 at 10:24 am

YUM! This is so up my alley. Have a great time in Savannah!

megan @ whatmegansmaking March 10, 2011 at 9:46 am

Definitely trying these! (but without the rum) :)

bridget {bake at 350} March 10, 2011 at 9:08 am

Cheers! I hope you guys will be having a few of these at Go Savor! Have a FABULOUS time! Hugs to all of you!

Amber | Bluebonnets & Brownies March 10, 2011 at 8:46 am

Have fun and drive safe, you two! I’ll be toasting you with this delicious looking cocktail this weekend. It’s perfect to toast my hubs for his birthday too!

Amanda March 10, 2011 at 8:42 am

What a gorgeous concoction… I LOVE every ingredient you have listed! And the presentation is fantastic! Have so much fun at Go Savor, cant wait for next years! ;)

Barbara @ Modern Comfort Food March 10, 2011 at 8:15 am

We’re inundated with fresh, cheap, and gorgeous strawberries where I live, and I’ve been trying (unsuccessfully) to think of a good way to incorporate them in a cocktail. This is it! Love it!

Rivki Locker (Ordinary Blogger) March 10, 2011 at 8:06 am

Wow, this looks awesome. Anything with coconut milk and rum is a winner in my book.

Sylvie @ Gourmande in the Kitchen March 10, 2011 at 6:53 am

Well here’s to you and The Professor, cheers! Hope you have a lovely time in Savannah, wish I could be there too.

Amy | She Wears Many Hats March 9, 2011 at 10:43 pm

I’ve refrained from looking at this recipe knowing it would tempt me and I’d never get my packing, cleaning, etcetera, etcetera, etcetera done. I think this will be on the menu in the next couple of days.

Susan Mallery March 9, 2011 at 4:21 pm

My diet ends on March 31, and I am celebrating with this drink! This looks so good! The perfect summertime treat… and hey, so what if April 1 isn’t summer yet?

Marly March 9, 2011 at 10:22 am

This looks like my kind of cocktail. In fact, I think I could go for one of those right now! Hope you have a great time on your trip and that you find lots of beautiful blue skies!

paul jennette March 9, 2011 at 9:13 am

Cheers to you and the professor!! This drink looks amazing, being for Chicago I too have been longing for blue skies and sunshine. Congrats!!!
Thanks
Paul

Cookin' Canuck March 9, 2011 at 8:48 am

The shot of rum is a great addition to these pretty desserts. What a fun idea! I hope you have a wonderful time in Savannah – I’m sorry I can’t join you.

Wenderly March 9, 2011 at 8:42 am

Happy Anniversary! Happy (and safe) Travels! And take LOTS if photos for me to live vicariously through! I am so sad to be missing this, but so happy for all of you! xo

Brian @ A Thought For Food March 9, 2011 at 8:24 am

Hello spiced rum!!! Hello coconut! Hello blended beverage!

Now where’s that 80 degree weather?

Elizabeth March 9, 2011 at 3:59 am

Oh my. I need this. I need this now. This looks absolutely wonderful!

Monet March 9, 2011 at 12:13 am

Happy Anniversary! What a great way to start off the celebrations. I hope you two have a fabulous time this week :-) Thank you for sharing this frosty concoction. I want a sip…or two…or three!

Kristen March 8, 2011 at 10:07 pm

Have a great time and happy anniversary to you and the professor!

Jen @ My Kitchen Addiction March 8, 2011 at 9:10 pm

Oh, I love the look of this! I’d like a drink, please :)

Angie March 8, 2011 at 7:51 pm

This looks so good! I hope you had a wonderful anniversary, and have a lovely week at the conference!