52 Sundays; December 5, 2010

Post image for 52 Sundays; December 5, 2010

by Debra on December 5, 2010

We had our first measurable snowfall of the season yesterday – it was beautiful because I was indoors . . . albeit with a 2-man crew replacing our gas hot water heater . . . but still nice because I also made a fabulous turkey pot pie with a puff pastry crust – perfect for watching the snow fall! The Professor took a couple of minutes to snap some photos right here in our own yard – enjoy!

© 2010, Debra. All rights reserved.

Kim December 8, 2010 at 11:04 am

This is breathtaking. All the more so because we don’t “do snow” in the Southern California sunshine. Now you have me craving a hot chocolate with peppermint schnapps. Brrr!!!

Marly December 8, 2010 at 8:11 am

Oh, I’m so jealous! I love snow. Especially if I don’t have to drive in it!! Tell the Professor that I love his shots. Makes me feel like I’m right there in that crunchy, muffled snow-filled setting!

CBR December 5, 2010 at 11:23 pm

Almost (well, slightly kinda) makes me miss snow. Glad I can view the beauty through your photos.

Lael Hazan @educatedpalate December 5, 2010 at 6:02 pm

BRRRRRRR….. but Beautiful! I do miss the change of seasons. What were those red berries hanging from the tree… Stunning photo.

Debra December 5, 2010 at 6:09 pm

It is cold Lael – about 20 degrees! Those berries are on a Burning Bush – isn’t is beautiful? Love the contrast!

Carol December 5, 2010 at 3:03 pm

beautiful….my favorite time of the year!

Barbara December 5, 2010 at 10:27 am

Such amazing photos! I miss the first snowfall, but must be honest when I say I’d rather avoid the rest of the winter. Driving is always such a mess! But I sure can enjoy and appreciate your photos!

Debra December 5, 2010 at 6:07 pm

I will not lie and say that I enjoy driving in the snow – I don’t; but when it first snows, it is a sight to behold!

Bunkycooks December 5, 2010 at 9:13 am

The snow is beautiful! We have 20 degrees and a dusting of snow here in NC this morning, but nothing like yours. It is always so pretty when it first falls.

foodwanderings December 5, 2010 at 8:46 am

Good Morning debra, I always look forward to your 52 Sundays post. Such tranquil pics and I love snow – it makes it easier to bear the cold. I wish it snowed here since the weather has been brrr cold. Love all pics but my favorite is the third one! That sprinkle of red against the white background! Always, Shulie

Debra December 5, 2010 at 6:06 pm

you are the bestest Shulie – it was so beautiful yesterday!