COCKTAIL HOUR & OUR THANKSGIVING PLAYLIST

by Debra

The menu has been planned, my shopping is done, I already have a few dishes prepared and this year’s table is being dressed today. And if you’re still looking for a simple, yet elegant table, take a peek at what we did last year – it may give you a few ideas! One last quick post before the big day and while I’ve got the cocktail covered, The Professor is in charge of our Thanksgiving dinner playlist.

He has created a playlist of some of our favorite artists for the gathering – but if you don’t have a playlist of your own, feel free to enjoy ours – yes, we call him the ‘Digital Deejay’ around these parts!  Click Here

And finally, we have much to be thankful for this season and you are at the top of that list – we always appreciate you coming here to visit us – HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

KIR
Williams-Sonoma, Entertaining with the Seasons
Serves 4
INGREDIENTS:
8 teaspoons crème de cassis
2-1/2 Cups (20 fl oz/625 ml) dry white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc, chilled
4 long, narrow lemon twists for garnish
METHOD:
Chill 4 tumblers or wineglasses.  Pour 2 teaspoons of the crème de cassis into each glass and top with about 2/3 Cup (5 fl oz/160 mil) of the wine.  Garnish with a lemon twist and serve at once.
************
NON-ALCOHOLIC OPTION:
WHITE GRAPE SPLASH
Williams-Sonoma, Entertaining with the Seasons
Serves 4
INGREDIENTS:
Ice cubes
24 red or green grapes, frozen
3 cups (24 fl oz/750 ml) white grape juice
1 Cup (8 fl oz/250 ml) sparkling water, chilled
Fresh mint sprigs for garnish
METHOD:
Select 4 tumblers or wineglasses.  Put several ice cubes and 6 frozen grapes in each glass. Pour ¾ Cup (6 fl oz/180 ml) of the grape juice into each glass, then top with about ¼ Cup (2 fl oz/60 ml) of the sparkling water.  Garnish with a mint sprig and serve at once.

kat

A good cocktail is always appreciated when the whole family gets together

Jen @ My Kitchen Addiction

Love the drink… and the playlist! What a fun idea! :)

Marly

I recognize many of these songs/artists. Looks like a great eclectic playlist! Have you ever listened to any Indigo Girls? It seems like they would fit right in with this list. I love their music – they write their own lyrics, music, and play several instruments too. Oh, and their harmonies? Love ’em!

With a playlist like this, I’m sure you had a wonderful time cooking and being with family. We had a great dinner too. It seems like the eating part goes too fast sometimes. Thanks for sharing about your wonderful holiday!

Barbara

Your playlist is wonderful!
Not to mention the cocktail. What a super job you did of taking a perfect photograph.

Barbara @ Modern Comfort Food

How I wish I’d seen this very appealing cocktail recipe before Thanksgiving rather than after. Our guests all arrived early and wound up drinking the table wine while I was scrambling to finish cooking dinner. I’ll definitely keep this recipe in mind for Christmas dinner, for which it would be perfect too!

Megan

A playlist? How fun! Looks great! Love the cocktail and the no alcohol recipe. Perfect for a bunch of teens!

Lora @cakeduchess

I love your music taste Deb. Your blog is so much fun to visit. That cocktail looks very tempting! I hope you had a beautiful Thanksgiving with your family. xo

Monet

Good company, great music and stellar drinks…I’m sure you had a fabulous day! Thank you for sharing, my friend. I hope you have a great holiday weekend!

Kristen

I love your playlists, Debra. Thanks for sharing!

blackbookkitchendiaries

ohh i really love the playlist! very cool.

Anna Johnston

Well done, sounds like you’re all organized and ready to go. Nice playlist too & Oh yes…, I’ll have one of those awesome bevvies too thanks :)

Wenderly

LOVE those glasses! What a gorgeous drink! Happiest of Thanksgivings to you & yours!

The Rowdy Chowgirl

I’d better add creme de cassis to my last minute shopping list! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

darah

the first time i had a kir was at a sidewalk cafe in Paris.
it was lovely! we make them occasionally here and they’re so yummy – and i make an effort to rise above the cacophony of my living room and be back in Paris :)

happy thanksgiving!!

naomi

Okay, I’m flipp’n loving your playlist! What a great idea for a post. You guys are so creative. And I love that you have Eva Cassidy on there twice – she’s one of my favs. Allison Krauss, James Taylor, Joni Mitchell – Great selections!

Shaina

I love that you include a playlist! All of our get-togethers with friends do, and it seems so weird that the family stuff doesn’t. Thanks for sharing the fabulous drinks, and have a fantastic Thanksgiving!

Robyn | Add a Pinch

Loving the playlist! And those drinks, yes please. Happy Thanksgiving!

bunkycooks

I am sure the booze, food and music is fabulous at your house for the holiday! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Brian @ A Thought For Food

Great playlist for Thanksgiving! I have most of those songs on my iPod (some have even been added to my playlist).

And this cocktail… is making me thirsty! 😉

Happy Thanksgiving!

Brenda @ a farmgirl's dabbles

I love the playlist (cocktail looks great, too!) – thanks for sharing. Happy Thanksgiving!

Amanda

Oh my gosh that is brilliant! I had not even thought of a Thanksgiving playlist!! Thanks so much!

Amy | She Wears Many Hats

Cool tunes! And that cocktail looks rather inviting. I’ve never had creme de cassis, at least not that I know of . 😉