COCKTAIL HOUR & OUR THANKSGIVING PLAYLIST

Post image for COCKTAIL HOUR & OUR THANKSGIVING PLAYLIST

by Debra on November 23, 2010

The menu has been planned, my shopping is done, I already have a few dishes prepared and this year’s table is being dressed today. And if you’re still looking for a simple, yet elegant table, take a peek at what we did last year – it may give you a few ideas! One last quick post before the big day and while I’ve got the cocktail covered, The Professor is in charge of our Thanksgiving dinner playlist.

He has created a playlist of some of our favorite artists for the gathering – but if you don’t have a playlist of your own, feel free to enjoy ours – yes, we call him the ‘Digital Deejay’ around these parts!  Click Here

And finally, we have much to be thankful for this season and you are at the top of that list – we always appreciate you coming here to visit us – HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

KIR
Williams-Sonoma, Entertaining with the Seasons
Serves 4
INGREDIENTS:
8 teaspoons crème de cassis
2-1/2 Cups (20 fl oz/625 ml) dry white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc, chilled
4 long, narrow lemon twists for garnish
METHOD:
Chill 4 tumblers or wineglasses.  Pour 2 teaspoons of the crème de cassis into each glass and top with about 2/3 Cup (5 fl oz/160 mil) of the wine.  Garnish with a lemon twist and serve at once.
************
NON-ALCOHOLIC OPTION:
WHITE GRAPE SPLASH
Williams-Sonoma, Entertaining with the Seasons
Serves 4
INGREDIENTS:
Ice cubes
24 red or green grapes, frozen
3 cups (24 fl oz/750 ml) white grape juice
1 Cup (8 fl oz/250 ml) sparkling water, chilled
Fresh mint sprigs for garnish
METHOD:
Select 4 tumblers or wineglasses.  Put several ice cubes and 6 frozen grapes in each glass. Pour ¾ Cup (6 fl oz/180 ml) of the grape juice into each glass, then top with about ¼ Cup (2 fl oz/60 ml) of the sparkling water.  Garnish with a mint sprig and serve at once.

© 2010 – 2012, Debra. All rights reserved.

kat November 29, 2010 at 12:46 pm

A good cocktail is always appreciated when the whole family gets together

Jen @ My Kitchen Addiction November 29, 2010 at 9:25 am

Love the drink… and the playlist! What a fun idea! :)

Marly November 29, 2010 at 8:56 am

I recognize many of these songs/artists. Looks like a great eclectic playlist! Have you ever listened to any Indigo Girls? It seems like they would fit right in with this list. I love their music – they write their own lyrics, music, and play several instruments too. Oh, and their harmonies? Love ‘em!

With a playlist like this, I’m sure you had a wonderful time cooking and being with family. We had a great dinner too. It seems like the eating part goes too fast sometimes. Thanks for sharing about your wonderful holiday!

Barbara November 28, 2010 at 8:13 am

Your playlist is wonderful!
Not to mention the cocktail. What a super job you did of taking a perfect photograph.

Barbara @ Modern Comfort Food November 28, 2010 at 6:59 am

How I wish I’d seen this very appealing cocktail recipe before Thanksgiving rather than after. Our guests all arrived early and wound up drinking the table wine while I was scrambling to finish cooking dinner. I’ll definitely keep this recipe in mind for Christmas dinner, for which it would be perfect too!

Megan November 27, 2010 at 1:45 pm

A playlist? How fun! Looks great! Love the cocktail and the no alcohol recipe. Perfect for a bunch of teens!

Lora @cakeduchess November 27, 2010 at 10:38 am

I love your music taste Deb. Your blog is so much fun to visit. That cocktail looks very tempting! I hope you had a beautiful Thanksgiving with your family. xo

Monet November 26, 2010 at 12:50 am

Good company, great music and stellar drinks…I’m sure you had a fabulous day! Thank you for sharing, my friend. I hope you have a great holiday weekend!

Kristen November 25, 2010 at 4:32 pm

I love your playlists, Debra. Thanks for sharing!

blackbookkitchendiaries November 25, 2010 at 8:05 am

ohh i really love the playlist! very cool.

Anna Johnston November 24, 2010 at 8:39 pm

Well done, sounds like you’re all organized and ready to go. Nice playlist too & Oh yes…, I’ll have one of those awesome bevvies too thanks :)

Wenderly November 24, 2010 at 7:06 pm

LOVE those glasses! What a gorgeous drink! Happiest of Thanksgivings to you & yours!

The Rowdy Chowgirl November 24, 2010 at 6:03 pm

I’d better add creme de cassis to my last minute shopping list! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

darah November 24, 2010 at 1:49 pm

the first time i had a kir was at a sidewalk cafe in Paris.
it was lovely! we make them occasionally here and they’re so yummy – and i make an effort to rise above the cacophony of my living room and be back in Paris :)

happy thanksgiving!!

naomi November 24, 2010 at 12:11 pm

Okay, I’m flipp’n loving your playlist! What a great idea for a post. You guys are so creative. And I love that you have Eva Cassidy on there twice – she’s one of my favs. Allison Krauss, James Taylor, Joni Mitchell – Great selections!

Shaina November 24, 2010 at 11:57 am

I love that you include a playlist! All of our get-togethers with friends do, and it seems so weird that the family stuff doesn’t. Thanks for sharing the fabulous drinks, and have a fantastic Thanksgiving!

Robyn | Add a Pinch November 24, 2010 at 10:53 am

Loving the playlist! And those drinks, yes please. Happy Thanksgiving!

bunkycooks November 24, 2010 at 10:15 am

I am sure the booze, food and music is fabulous at your house for the holiday! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Brian @ A Thought For Food November 24, 2010 at 9:44 am

Great playlist for Thanksgiving! I have most of those songs on my iPod (some have even been added to my playlist).

And this cocktail… is making me thirsty! ;-)

Happy Thanksgiving!

Brenda @ a farmgirl's dabbles November 24, 2010 at 9:32 am

I love the playlist (cocktail looks great, too!) – thanks for sharing. Happy Thanksgiving!

Amanda November 24, 2010 at 9:15 am

Oh my gosh that is brilliant! I had not even thought of a Thanksgiving playlist!! Thanks so much!

Amy | She Wears Many Hats November 24, 2010 at 7:57 am

Cool tunes! And that cocktail looks rather inviting. I’ve never had creme de cassis, at least not that I know of . ;)